"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalms 19:14

Sunday, March 8, 2009

post #2 for today.....Brayden's 2nd Birthday Party

We had Brayden's 2nd birthday party at the park today after church......it was a monkey party if you hadn't already guessed it. I will have to brag a little and say that I did make the cake. My sister helped me decorate it last night, and it was so fun to do and I thought it turned out perfect for my little monkey! Brayden didn't even realize it was his birthday party I don't think until everyone started singing......I feel like Kyleigh was way more aware of her birthday at 2 but then again I think we give a lot more credit to the first child than they probably deserve! Anyways, the party was fun and we were so thankful it didn't rain, although we did about blow away. His actual birthday is tuesday so I will post some more pictures then.........

Oh, and I have to throw this in...........last night as my sister and I were decorating the cake, the kids were watching a movie and eating popcorn, when Ryan looked over at Brayden because he made a funny noise and he kind of looked like he was choking and Brayden put his finger up his nose and he was sneezing. Well, Ryan realized that Brayden had a popcorn kernel up his nose! So he pinched his nose and it came right out but then he looked up his nose and saw that there was another one WAY up in there! So he got the bulb syringe and sucked it close enough so he could scoop it out with the hard end of a q tip. It was torture having to hold him down......I just kept thinking that we were going to end up in the ER with a popcorn kernel in our kids nose!




I love my birthday boy!



I couldn't believe we got the candles to light it was SO windy!








Ryan's Fam
My fam...........with soon to be brother in law.......officially engaged as of today!

2 comments:

The Dickeys said...

It was a fun party and the cake was super cute!

ShirleyC said...

I went to college with your mom and dad, and worked with your mom until I recently retired. She showed me pics of your kids all of the time. They are just adorable. I had to laugh about the popcorn kernel up the nose. When our daughter was about his age, she stuck half a bead up her nose. We couldn't get it out and rushed her to the town doctor. He let her sniff some pepper, and thus a big sneeze sent it flying. Duh, why didn't I think of that?