We are so excited to announce that baby #3 is fresh in the oven. We feel SO blessed and are so happy, and there is a little story to go along with it that just shows how sovereign God is and we truly know this is the plan He had for our family.
As most of you know we dealt with infertility when we were trying to get pregnant with Kyleigh. After many tests it basically came down to the fact that my body just did not ovulate, which thankfully usually is an easy fix. So, the doctor prescribed me to take Clomid which causes ovulation, and thankfully I ovulated with the lowest dose and got pregnant with Kyleigh the second month I took it.
So, when we finally decided that we were ready to start trying to have a second child, well, I was already pregnant at the time we decided, and we just didn't know it. So, that was a real blessing for us to not have to deal with the infertility again.
Now, on to #3......I always thought before I had children that I would just want two kids and that a boy and a girl would be perfect, but after having children you really realize what an awesome blessing they are. Our children teach us knew things every day and I never imagined I could love something or someone SO much in such a unique way, but they are amazing. I never have quite felt a peace about not having any more children so when people would ask if we wanted any more children I would just say that I was pretty sure we did....i really didn't want to look back later in life and wish that I had but didn't. So back in the late spring we stopped "preventing" but we were really in no hurry.
So over the course of the summer I noticed that my cycles (excuse me if this is too much for you but i am just trying to use medical terms so it's not too much personal business) were pretty irregular in that i may have a 21 day cycle or 27 day cycle from month to month, so I had it in my head that most likely I was having the same problems as when we tried to get pg with kyleigh......so in August I had my yearly check up with my dr and mentioned all this to her and so she ordered for me to have my progesterone checked the next month which was the indicator the first time that I was not ovulating.
So as many of you know, I got sick at work in early september and was taken to the ER (perks of working in a hospital) with low blood pressure and back pain. Ended up I had a kidney stone but during the routine work up the CT scan showed that I had a 3cm ovarian cyst. No big deal, but I did know that I had never had one before, but noone was concerned and neither was I for that matter, and it was completely unrelated to the situation at hand with the kidney stone.
So, on with my story, the next week was when i was due to have my progesterone level drawn based on where I was in my cycle. I went on Thurs and had it drawn and on Friday they called me and told me that it was low and that I definitely wasn't ovulating and asked me if I wanted to take Comid. Of course hearing those words makes your heart skip a little beat. Mine being mainly because I knew when I got pregnant on it with Kyleigh that I had actually released two eggs but only one was fertilized so I could have had twins easily. I also didn't want to be taking matters into my own hands if the two children we have is just what God had planned for our family, but after talking to a couple of close friends about it and praying about it I felt a peace about taking it and told Ryan that we would try it for a couple of months but if it didn't work that I had a peace about that too that this is God's plan.
Now this is where the story gets interesting. When I hung up the phone with the nurse that day I remembered about the ovarian cyst which my OB dr wasn't aware of because obviously she wasn't the dr to see me with the kidney stone, it was my family dr. I also remembered being told the first time I took clomid that it can make cysts bigger if you have one or it can cause cysts so you have to be monitored while taking it for cysts.....So i called the dr back to tell them about the cyst to make sure I didn't need to do anything or have it reevaluated prior to to taking the Clomid. Well, sure enough my doctor said I would need a sonogram to reevaluate the cyst and make sure it was resolving before I took the Clomid, which would mean I would have to wait until my NEXT cycle to take the Clomid. Not a big deal really at this point.
The next week I went in and had my sonogram and they called several days later and said that the cyst was smaller and resolving on its own, so I could start taking the Clomid with my next cycle. So, for a change, I was actually waiting in anticipation for "that time of the month" to start so that I could begin the Clomid, however "that time of the month" never came and never came and never came.........so I did a pg test and sure enough it was positive....with NO clomid!! We were so surprised and excited! We totally feel and know it was the Lord at work because I was told by the dr that I definitely wasn't ovulating and had the chain of events not happened as they did with the kidney stone, cyst, etc....i would have been on clomid THIS month which having evidently ovulated on my own.....we may have had several babies on our hands.....ha! Just an example of how the Lord goes before us and prepares a way.
We thank Him for allowing us and entrusting us to have another addition to our family and look forward to keeping you all updated!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
what a great story and one that will be fun to share with that new little one when he/she is older. congrats again...looking forward to following this pregnancy via blog and the welcoming of your new baby.
Great News Shanna! Before long you are going to catch up with me!!
Congratulations to you guys!! What a gift!
YAY! That is so exciting! God does work in mysterious ways. I'm so happy for you two! Keep blogging throughout your journey. I can't wait!
Post a Comment